This past week has been an upper and a downer, buoyed by the final end of DADT a cause for celebration but tempered by the sadness of Troy Davis' execution. But without further ado, here is this week's pragprog links:
- Zander at the Angry Black Lady Chronicles has a telling piece covering the fact that at least some of the Left bashing of President Obama takes root in the double standard this country has long experienced on the basis of race.
- Smartypants points out that compared to recessions caused by financial crises across the world, the US economy and employment after the recent financial calamity are actually faring relatively well under President Obama's leadership.
- Sepia at Pragmatic Obots Unite has the scoop on the CBC, glass houses and stones.
- Norbrook has some funnies, in pictures.
- The Human Rights Campaign tells us about a meeting HRC members and North Caroline residents had with Sen. Kay Hagan about the Employment Nondiscrimination Act. Sen. Hagan was receptive and particularly curious about transgender issues at the workplace.
And now, as usual, the floor is yours. What have you been reading all week?