The 112th Congress is ready to stab Americans right at the heart with the Hell You Can't style of leadership
, and an agenda
with a lot of lip service that offers no solution not to mention the first bill they plan to introduce is the repeal of the the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
In a nut shell these are the things they want to take away from Men, Women, children and seniors of this country by introducing their first Bill - Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act
1) to prevent the ability of adult children to remain as dependents on their parents’ policy until their 26th birthday.
2) children under age 19 be excluded for coverage for pre-existing conditions.
3) to permit lifetime or annual caps on coverages.
4) to prevent the ability to receive free preventative care.
5) to allow the denial of coverages by insurance companies for patients with pre-existing conditions.
6) the "donut hole" that would otherwise been closed for Medicare patients, making prescription medications more affordable for seniors to roll back to the Bush years where seniors will continue to pay more for prescription medication.
7) to undo the requirement that all insurers must post their balance sheets on the Internet and fully disclose administrative costs, executive compensation packages, and benefit payments.
8) to take away the funding towards the community health centers in all 50 states (Bernie Sanders’ amendment).
9) to allow rescission of your insurance because you get sick.
10) to scrap the requirement to have Insurance companies to justify unreasonable premium increases and take away the money allocated to provides grants to states for reviewing premium increases.
11) unfund the non-profit institute capacity to conduct research that compares the clinical effectiveness of medical treatments.
12) to take away the $2 billion in funding per year to support prevention and public health programs.
13) to prevent the tax credits to small employers with no more than 25 employees and average annual wages of less than $50,000 that provide health insurance for employees.
14) to undue the increases for the Medicaid drug rebate percentages.
15) to take away the state option to provide Medicaid coverage to childless adults with incomes up to 133% of the federal poverty level.
16) to undo the temporary reinsurance program for employers providing health insurance coverage to retirees over age 55 who are not eligible for Medicare.
17) to scrap the Minimum Medical Loss Ratio requirement for Insurers who otherwise would have provide rebates if they spent less than 85% for large plans and 80% for plans in the individual and small group markets of the premium they charge.
18) to undo the requirement that forces pharmaceutical manufacturers to provide a 50% discount on brand-name prescriptions filled in the Medicare Part D coverage gap.
These are the Majority in the House of Representatives who are running our Government. Pathetic
is all I have to say.
However, what is disappointing to me was the views of some in the progressive side who favor the Republican repeal effort as displayed in the comments by some in this recommended list diary at dailykos
from this morning. Should I say more? Ok, I will say one more thing...let's us stand on principle regardless of our resentment about HCR Bill less the Public Option and start thinking rationally. If there are folks who embrace the repeal efforts of the Republicans, I sure hope there are folks in progressive community ready to push back on it.
Now, go and tell your friends what the Republicans really have stored for them.