Senate Republicans have released their "discussion document" on their repeal and "replace" of Obamacare.
Here are the key points:
- Medicaid expansion will be phased out starting in 2021
- Medicaid itself will be turned into block grants, with growth in spending pegged to actual inflation, rather than the more generous medical inflation
- Criteria for qualifying for subsidies will drastically tighten, hitting many middle class voters in the pocketbook
- Planned Parenthood defunded
- Taxes which fund Obamacare will be revoked, resulting in a massive transfer of wealth to the already wealthy.
I'm curious to see where the money for subsidies will come from, with Obamacare taxes done away with. This promises to be another debt-funded mandate, like Medicare Part D.
It's amazing to me, as someone raised in Catholicism, that a group of men and women strive to actually make things worse for their fellow human beings. Also, as all of them call themselves "Christian", I'm at pains to discern wherein lies Christian charity and concern in either the House or Senate bills. Religion, as is common, is just a smokescreen to justify evil.
This is far from over. Light up the phones. Excoriate Republicans and shore up Democrats. Resistance is not a weekend job.