Here's a programming note: I have been invited to debate the Chained CPI and Social Security on We Act Radio, a Washington, DC based station. I am recording today, and the show will be aired on Saturday. I will be on Take Action News with David Shuster, which airs on Saturdays from 12-3pm Eastern Time (stations follow). I will be debating the subject of Chained CPI and Social Security with Alex Lawson, the Executive Director of Social Security Works/Strengthen Social Security. I have had some correspondence with the group before, and I have written about it.
In any case, the recording is today at 3:30 ET, so I have to get ready. But be sure to tune in on Saturday. Here are the stations and times it airs:
- Online: WeActRadio.com
- Download at mixcloud.com/weactradio
- Washington, DC, from 12-3 pm every Saturday on WPWC 1480 AM
- Chicago, IL: Saturday 4-7 pm CT, WCPT Chicago’s Progressive Talk, 820 AM (also 92.5 FM West, 92.7 FM North, 99.9 FM South)
- Columbus, OH: Saturday 1-3 pm ET, WVKO 1580AM – Ohio’s Progressive Talk, 1580 AM
- Grand Rapids, MI: Monday 3-6 pm CT, WPRR Public Reality Radio, 1680AM & 95.3 FM
- Fort Smith, OK: Saturday 4-7 pm CT, Star Com Media, KHXI-FM, 99.9 FM & KKRP, 1610AM Subscribe on iTunes at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/take-action-news-david-shuster/id504179320
Update: The debate was concluded around 1 pm ET; I got on a little late due to technical delays. But the debate overall was good, and I thought I got the most important points in. We got cut off by time, but there's hope I might be on again. We will post it here as soon as it airs!